I Think, Therefore I Am

Friday, June 13, 2008

7

It's quite interesting how something generally considered small and insignificant can spawn so many thoughts in one's head. I got an email from a friend. The subject read 7. By the time I hit to open the mail, numerous thoughts flooded my brain.


First of, it reminded me of two things - The seven deadly sins (lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride) and the movie 7 based on them, and a friend I used to call '7' in Engineering.


I got reminded that I had decided years ago 7 to be my lucky number because the board game 'Business' that I used to play with my brother (long before we had a computer at home), a score of 7 on the dice on the first roll would fetch me Rs. 2000 (or was it dollars?).


Such unrelated events brought together and thought about almost simultaneously just by the subject of a mail. And all this in a matter of only a few seconds. The mind works in mysterious ways!

4 Comments:

  • so.. what was the email really about..

    As per my experience, it is not the subject or the thought that flood our mind after the first look. When we actually read the subject and decide whether our thoughts or guess about the matter were right.. that's the real interesting part.

    If you ask me.. i always try to find out why i thought in an entirely different direction. and if you think about it.. it doesn't make any sense.

    The matters remains unchanged anyways [;)]]

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:53 am  

  • The email was a review of the iPhone done by a friend - 7 reasons why not to buy an iPhone.

    Usually the subject of a mail is supposed to be such that you don't have to guess about the matter. Takes all the fun out for you, I guess :P

    Btw, I have noticed that just out of curiosity, I usually open mails without a subject first :D.

    By Blogger SagYer, at 9:39 am  

  • Check out the concept 'mindfullness', a new hype.
    Bhabhi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 pm  

  • :D

    memories....

    By Blogger Sharon, at 2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home