I Think, Therefore I Am

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My First Blog - Have you seen this ring?

Today, I officially shift over to blogger for blogging. My blog at MSN spaces has been giving problems since quite some time. Besides, blogger also provides many more features as compared to MSN.
_________________________

Now, about the topic i wanted to blog on...

Check out the image i have attached in the blog.
It is a glass filled with water. I had filled the glass in two steps. In the first step, i filled 3/4th of the glass with water from the "matka". I took some water in a cup, heated it in the microwave and poured the heated water in the glass (Throat was paining. Didnt want to have cold water).

What i observed was a ring of bubbles at the initial water level. You can see it in the picture below.



I tried pouring cold water into a glass containing hot water too, but the ring was not as prominent.

Got any scientific explanations for this? If yes, let me know!
____________________________

I have developed an ulcer near my throat. I dont know what caused it, but what i do know is that it's very, very painful. I find it hard to swallow food, drink water. At night, i get up due to the pain. I cant even speak! I hope it bids me goodbye soon.

4 Comments:

  • Contrary to the popular belief, water in a microwave is not heated evenly. After i warm up milk or water, i have to stir it. Else, the liquid at the top is hot while at the bottom is at a much lower temperature. And it does feel weird to stir water :D.

    By Blogger SagYer, at 11:38 pm  

  • That isn't uneven heating - the hot water just rises to the top as its density decreases. I think.

    By Blogger Nadeem Mohsin, at 1:46 am  

  • Why is some of the water hot as compared to the rest?
    Because of uneven heating.

    By Blogger SagYer, at 1:50 am  

  • Quite an inquisitive mind......noticing the daily events and giving thought to it.....the minutest of the thoughts that occur to you....u channel it down.....i feel gr8 more than u....!!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home